Job spec: Senior Legal Account Manager – Curaçao
Would you like:
- a challenging international career where your skills are of great contribution to clients?
- to work at one of the finest financial services companies based on the beautiful island of Curaçao?
- to work in a professional, hands-on, independent and informal environment?
THEN YOU COULD BE THE
SENIOR LEGAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGaming or online industry in Curaçao, Cyprus and Malta. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in various jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
At EM Group the definition of ‘compliance’ covers much more than rules. Our compliance agenda is not solely driven by regulations; we take time and effort to ensure that our processes are fit for purpose to understand and manage our risks. We focus on 'soft controls' instead of checklists and strongly encourage our employees to think for themselves. As every client is different, we look for a balanced approach rather than relying on rigid procedures and checklists.
As a Senior Legal Account Manager (SLAM) you are part of an assigned client team and work closely with the (Junior) Legal Account Managers and Financial Account Managers to continuously exceed our client’s expectations. The SLAM will be responsible for all legal matters of our fast-growing portfolio of client entities. The SLAM is expected to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value to all disciplines within EM group and contribute to the further growth of our office.
EM GROUP OFFERS:
- Great salary conditions
- 24 Vacation days
- 8% Holiday allowance
- Work week of minimum 32 hours + good work life balance
- Stable and successful company
- International team (10 offices worldwide)
- Interaction with more than 50 colleagues in Curacao and more than 200 colleagues worldwide
- Internal education academy
- Regular social events with colleagues
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Keeping a client portfolio of various types of clients in legal good standing in accordance with law.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation of a general civil- and corporate law nature (such as board- and shareholder’s resolutions, power of attorneys, loan agreements and contracts etc.).
- Coordinate and assist with the incorporation, maintenance, and/or dissolution of client companies.
- Working with potential clients on the client acceptance procedure and handling ongoing compliance reviews and procedures.
- Building and fostering strong relationships with international clients.
- General communication / coordination with clients, (tax) advisors, lawyers, banks, notaries and authorities.
- Administrative handling of various legal and financial documents.
- Arranging, participating and taking minutes of board, client of shareholder meetings.
- Involvement in business development activities.
- Mentor, train and motivate (junior) legal account managers and act as sounding board.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Have a university Degree in Law (corporate/ company/ fiscal law);
- 5 years of experience in the fiduciary/corporate services;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing;
- Extensive knowledge of relevant local and international regulations;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Self motivated;
- Ability to work on multiple issues, change priorities and organize workload;
- Quality focused business- minded with the ability to deliver excellent service to our clients.
Interested in this position or would you like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for? Please forward your motivation letter and resume to email@example.com or contact us on +5999 7471401.
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.