Job spec: Legal Account Manager - Amsterdam
Would you like a challenging international career where your skills are of great contribution to clients?
Would you like to work at one of the finest financial services companies based in Amsterdam?
Would you like to work in a professional, hands-on, independent, and informal environment?
Then you could be the
legal Account Manager
we are looking for!
What will you do?
As a Legal Account Manager (LAM) you are part of an assigned client team and work closely with the Client Director and Financial Account Managers in order to continuously exceed our client’s expectations. The LAM will be responsible for managing diverse legal matters regarding our client entities and oversee a wide range of corporate and legal responsibilities for a rapidly growing portfolio of client companies. The LAM is expected to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value to the legal disciplines within EM Group and contribute to the further growth.
Main responsibilities are
- Keeping a client portfolio of various types of clients in legal good standing in accordance with applicable law and regulations;
- Client communication and handling various requests in a timely manner; building and fostering strong relationships with international clients;
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation of a general civil- and corporate law nature (e.g., board- and shareholder’s resolutions, power of attorneys, loan agreements and other type of contracts etc.);
- Coordinate and assist with the incorporation, maintenance, and/or dissolution of client companies;
- Working with potential clients on the client acceptance procedure and handling ongoing compliance reviews and procedures;
- General communication / coordination with clients, (tax) advisors, lawyers, banks, notaries and authorities. Focus of clients would be on gaming-related matters;
- Administrative handling of various legal and financial documents;
- Arranging, participating and taking minutes of board, client of shareholder meetings;
- Involvement in business development activities;
- Perform other finance and administrative tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements.
Where will you be working
EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGambling or online industry in Malta, the Netherlands, Curaçao and Cyprus. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in various jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
You will be working in one of the most beautiful areas of Amsterdam, in chic buildings within walking distance from the Vondelpark. Our garden is ideal for barbecue gatherings and celebrations. Our office is easily accessible by public transport. You will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, discretionary bonus, and international career opportunities in our other offices. You can also benefit and participate in:
- Internal education academy with e.g., soft skills, knowledge and leadership development trainings;
- Social activities and sport events;
- Our annual ski trip;
- Interaction with a small team in Amsterdam and more than 50 colleagues worldwide.
HOW Do you fit in the team?
The ideal candidate will have
- A University degree in law (corporate, company or fiscal law);
- Residing in the Netherlands;
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience at a law firm or corporate service provider;
- To be computer literate with an advanced command of MS Office applications;
- Experience with gaming and gaming-related industries will be considered an asset but not mandatory;
- Knowledge of relevant local and internal law and regulations;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and written);
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Strong sense of responsibility.
We make success possible. Success for our clients by providing high-quality services, however also success for our colleagues by providing you with personal and professional growth opportunities to help you reach your full potential. Just as we help our clients reach their goals. The foundation of our success is delivering true value through long term relations. That applies to our clients and colleagues. We are in it for the long run, that creates value for us and for you. This results in a very personal and informal company culture with a healthy work-life balance. We are proud of that, and we call it being professional in a non-corporate way.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile?
We can’t wait to meet you! Please email your resume to email@example.com
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.