Job spec: Banking Team Manager
Would you like to work as a Banking Team Manager in a company with an informal culture and be responsible for your team’s client portfolio from A to Z?
Would you like to work at one of the finest financial services companies based in Malta?
Then you could be the
BANKING Team Manager
we are looking for!
What will you do as Banking Team Manager?
As a Banking Team Manager you will work closely with your colleagues from both the local corporate team and foreign offices’ teams in order to continuously exceed our clients’ expectations. In this position, you need to prioritize what is important, have a hands-on, flexible and independent work mentality and be able to deal with stress and deadlines. You are proactive, know what you are capable of, possess good communication skills and not afraid of asking questions. The candidate is expected to continuously develop both personally as well as professionally and deliver added value within EM Group and contribute to the further growth of our office. You will be managing the Banking Team in Malta, which handles all account openings for our group; i.e., attribution of new account opening to team members, follow ups and meetings for updates, pushing and motivating the team to perform at its best. You’ll also be in charge of reaching out to potential banking partners to negotiate new partnerships.
The main responsibilities of our Banking Team Manager are
- Leading and guiding a growing team of Banking and Administrative Assistants
- Continuously reviewing and improving the process of opening of bank accounts
- Assisting the team with opening bank accounts when necessary
- Chasing the bank for updates from time to time and handling stressed clients in a rush to open their account/managing clients’ expectations
- Daily contact with colleagues from various EM Group offices and as EM Group’s first point of contact towards the banks and financial institutions we work with
- Daily contact with clients (phone calls, skype, emails)
- Managing the team’s payment process of orders into banking applications for a variety of banks
- Being responsible for our Banking Newsletter to be rolled out
- Looking for new banking partners that could be of interest to our clients and handling first calls / ongoing update calls with banks & EMIs we work with
- Other administrative tasks that may be required
Where will you be working
The EM Group offers compliance and corporate services for companies operating in the eGambling or online industry in Malta, Cyprus, the Netherlands and Curaçao. We provide everything necessary to comply with the terms and conditions of gaming licenses in various jurisdictions. Our compliance services are related to gaming specific matters such as application for eGambling licenses and compliance in the field of regulatory matters, responsible gaming and fraud prevention as well as to financial compliance matters such as AML and financial intelligence and lastly to local compliance matters such as incorporation and management services, statutory financial administration and tax compliance. We are specialized in the setup of bank and merchant accounts and provide ongoing secretarial and administrative support.
Working at EM Group means working in a dynamic company with great colleagues and an international environment. At EM Group, we score as a team and our colleagues are on top of their game.
You will be working in one of the most beautiful areas of Malta. Our office is located in the heart of Sliema, easily accessible with public and private transport. You will receive a competitive salary, holiday allowance, private health insurance, parking facilities, and international career opportunities in our other offices. You can also benefit and participate in:
- EM Academy with soft skills, knowledge and leadership development trainings
- Regular social events with your colleagues
- Our annual ski trip
- Interaction with more than 35 international colleagues in Malta and more than 200 colleagues worldwide
- Daily fresh fruit and weekly team lunches
- Pension plan
How do you fit in the team?
The ideal candidate will have
- To be comfortable in calls with clients and banks
- To be computer literate with an advanced command in MS Office applications. Ideally comfortable working on mac, but not a requirement
- Diploma/Degree in Finance will be considered an asset
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years' work experience in a similar industry or with a bank and/or have experience in guiding teams
- To have experience managing a team
- To be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- To be result oriented and responsible
- Fluent in English (both orally and in writing)
- Personal credibility, integrity and high moral standards
- To be highly meticulous and detail-oriented
We make success possible. Success for our clients by providing high-quality services, however also success for our colleagues by providing you with personal and professional growth opportunities to help you reach your full potential. Just as we help our clients reach their goals. The foundation of our success is delivering true value through long term relations. That applies to our clients and colleagues. We are in it for the long run, that creates value for us and for you. This results in a very personal and informal company culture with a healthy work-life balance. We are proud of that, and we call it being professional in a non-corporate way.
By sending in your personal details for this job application, you give your consent that those details will be saved in our database for application purposes. After the termination of your application procedure, we will delete your details from our database. Obviously, we will treat your details with care, with confidentiality and we will not share those with third parties.